Square Enix has released another update for Chocobo GP and also posted Chocobo GP update patch notes for the 1.2.1 version. Several questions of varying importance were addressed. This week’s update addresses several specific issues and gives the game a performance boost as well, so players can enjoy the game without any worries.
— チョコボGP公式 (@Chocobo_GP) August 30, 2022
Chocobo GP is a kart racing game that developed by Arika and published by Square Enix. The game is a spin-off of the Final Fantasy series and was released for the Nintendo Switch on March 10, 2022, to celebrate the series’ 35th anniversary and features locations and characters from across the franchise. Chocobo GP had a lukewarm response from critics, with much of the criticism directed at its monetization model. Nevertheless, the game did fairly well in the sales department
You can read the full Chocobo GP update 1.2.1 patch notes below:
- Fixes to an issue where laps were not counted on the Gold Saucer long course.
- Fixes to an issue where lag caused finishing position detection and the finish line sequence not to match up.
- Fixes to an issue where using the “Change” magicite or Odin’s special ability caused finishing position detection and the finish line sequence not to match up.
- Fixes to an issue where the start of the finish line sequence for other players was delayed after finishing positions have been finalised.
- Fixes to an issue that occurred if voice language was set to English, where character voices could be heard regardless of the distance from the speaking character when other players used Odin’s special ability.