Nintendo has shared details of the next Mario Kart Tour update, which will include the addition of battles. Battles will be supported in both single-player and multiplayer. It will work just like the other entries in the series, where the goal is to pop the opponents’ balloons.
Here's a peek at #MarioKartTour's update coming late September! Battle mode will be added, along with a Spotlight Shop, where you can exchange rubies for drivers, karts, and gliders! Also, pipes you can fire by using rubies will be removed. See the notification for details. pic.twitter.com/brsI1tH8YD
— Mario Kart Tour (@mariokarttourEN) September 2, 2022
Mario Kart Tour is a mobile game that was developed and published by Nintendo for iOS and Android devices. The game was announced in January 2018 and released on September 25, 2019, for iOS and android. The game features downloadable tours with different cups, each with three courses and a bonus challenge.
This weeks update adds one thing that knows, which is that a Spotlight Shop is planned where you can exchange rubies for drivers, karts, and gliders. Similarly, we also know that the pipes that you can shoot with rubies will be removed. Below are all the changes that will be added to Mario Kart Tour:
- New ways to play are being added to multiplayer.
Battles are coming to single-player and multiplayer. In these battles, each player has balloons attached to their kart. Your goal is to pop your opponents’ balloons!
- The modes Standard Race and Gold Race will be combined, and Gold Race, available only to subscribers of the Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass, will be removed.
Note: Gold Pass subscribers will still be able to increase their grade to S and higher.
- Adds Spotlight Shop, where you can purchase drivers, karts, and gliders featured in tour using rubies. New drivers, karts, and gliders, as well as drivers, and gliders that have appeared in the past, will be available.
- The Pipe you can fire by using rubies will be removed.
- The benefit that applied to some drivers, karts, and gliders who appeared in the pipes you could fire by using rubies that “boosted them so the 2nd and 3rd course of all cups during the tour are favored and favorite courses” will be removed.