Developer Bamtang Games and publisher GameMill Entertainment have announced Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3. The game is going to be the third entry in the series, starting with 2018’s Nickelodeon’s Kart Racers. Although the game was based on a beloved and iconic television network, it did not do them justice. Nickelodeon’s Kart Racers was heavily criticized and received negative reviews. The sequel, Nickelodeon’s Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix, was released in 2020. The game fared better than its predecessor, however, that didn’t necessarily mean it was good. A lot of the reception for Nickelodeon’s Kart Racer 2 was mixed and was treated as nothing but an average, forgettable kart racer.
Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway
Despite the negative response to the previous games, a sequel has been announced. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway was first accidentally leaked on July 8th and then, later on, was formally announced. In a statement by publisher GameMill Entertainment, the following key features were stated to be included in the game:
- The game is going to feature multiple characters from many famous Nickelodeon shows. The previous games were criticized for having an incredibly limited roster of playable characters.
- The game is going to feature 40 playable characters, all of whom will be voice-acted, unlike the previous games, which were criticized for having none.
- Players will be able to transform their vehicles into watercraft to traverse new terrains.
- Players will also be able to customize their vehicles to their liking.
- You’ll also have the ability to choose your crew members. The game will feature 90 available crew members.
- 36 race tracks are going to be featured in the game, while some tracks return, others are brand new.
- The game is also going to feature multiplayer as well, both online and split-screen local multiplayer.
Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway Release Date
Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway releases on October 7, 2022, for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.