Developer Double Eleven has released Rust update 1.51 today for the console versions of Rust. This new update adds several changes to the game, as well as various bug fixes. The last Rust update was just a short bit ago, and it seems as though we’re already getting a new update.
Rust's monthly wipe and content update will be released this Thursday at 19:00 BST / 18:00 UTC / 14:00 EST
-Hardcore Game Mode
-Furnace UI changes
-Hapis Island fixes
-Coaling Tower improvements pic.twitter.com/5y8RKtuunl
— Rust (@playrust) August 29, 2022
Rust is a multiplayer-only survival video game developed by Facepunch Studios. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One console versions, developed in conjunction with Double Eleven, were released in May 2021. Now, the console version of Rust seems to have received a new update that adds several new changes, courtesy of Double Eleven. The full list of changes are below:
- Candle Hat no longer illuminates immediately after equipping it, requiring an extra button press to extinguish.
- Picking up a Ladder no longer results in destruction of adjacent ladders.
- Fixed a bug preventing Hemp seed from being planted in planter box.
- Fixed missing collision on kayaks and explosives.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from deploying furniture like chairs close to built wall.
- Fixed the gap between Roof Triangle building block where it meets another building block.
- Tool Cupboards can no longer be placed on the Watch Tower. They are only deployable on player-built foundations.
- Modified material setting to avoid black texture in preview for Fruit – Architecture Water Purifier & Furnace preview model have texture issues.
- Modified Pixel Architecture Furnace skin. Changed the LODs to fix graphical issues when turned on and the furnace no longer looks shiny on the inside from a distance.
- Removed unnecessary collider from the Salvaged Axe that caused it to get stuck in the air after being thrown.
- Modified 3rd person Hatchet model to fix skin preview on Cargo – Tools Hatchet skin.
- Fixed a bug with melee weapon skins that would display the impact decal on top of the skin when thrown at a wall or the floor.
- Fixed graphical issues on Deep Freeze Revolver skin.
- The Player can no longer drink water from the Inventory UI.
- Head look position no longer resets to default when viewed from far away.
- Fixed a bug that caused corrupted textures on Items held and worn by the player.
- Modified movement on some foliage, including creeping vines animation.
- Fixed ore node particle visuals.
- Fixed Z-fighting on Low Wall structures.
- Added collision to sunken barge moorings.
- Modified LOD distance of water tanks.
- Modified Pump Jack so the belt drive is no longer misaligned.
- Disabled UP/DOWN sfx if splitting UI is open.
- Changed the input type to player input state instead of gamepad. Also cached the swap viewmodel to fix a bug where the player is unable to shoot an arrow of a different type than the one equipped.
- Fixed a bug with overlapping Storage Container UI and crafting UI if buttons are pressed at the same time.
- Fixed empty stats panel for Items in Melee and Tools categories in crafting menu.
- Map adjustment to stop single grid lines from disappearing when the map is zoomed in to the max.
- Added token to toggle on/off control hint so Barbeque note inside its UI changes correctly after turning on the BBQ.
- Fixed overlapping animations when pressing Create a Team and Leave the Team button repeatedly.
- Fixed title screen logo overlapping ‘Loading’ text and Rust loading icon on the loading screen in different languages.
- Fixed a bug with Locker UI navigation using the Right Analog Stick where visual indicators didn’t align with controller input.
- Fixed Wall Lamp Red on Cargo Ship so it emits a red glow rather than white.
- Fixed a bug that caused Scientists dying in slow motion on the Cargo Ship.
- Fixed a bug that caused the dying animation to play in slow motion on the Cargo Ship.
- Fishing Village lantern light no longer passes through the wall of the shop.
- Removed collider from green fishing net to stop rubberbanding at the Fishing Village monument.
- Modified shaders and material settings to fix a bug that caused some buildings in Large Fishing Village to have white textures.
- Fixed Metal component LOD issues at the Fishing Village monument.
- Adjusted Scientist pathing on the Large Oil Rig to prevent them from entering locked doors.
- Fixed missing texture/LOD transition on yellow stairs at Oil Rig monument.
- Fixed Metal Shopfront textures for player placed structures and also at monuments like Bandit Camp.
- Fixed train crane LODs at the Harbor and Train Yard monuments.
- Aligned engine with drive belt to stop Belt from clipping through engine on Quarry monuments.
- Fixed animation issues for the gear and belt of the engine at all Quarry monuments.
- Added light source to napalm so fires from helicopters and Bradley APC now correctly emits light at night.
- Removed collision block and corrected LODs to fix Invisible platform in Elevator shaft at Launch Site.
- Modified small Harbor scene to avoid Z-fighting on the stone wall.
- Melee weapons thrown at Oxum’s gas station windows no longer disappear.
- Fixed suddenly vanishing shadows for ventilation units located on the roof of the Oxum’s Gas Station monument.
- Removed deploy volumes/unneeded code for monuments. Adjusted planting bounds for corn to match pumpkin to fix a bug that stopped the Player cannot plant saplings near monuments.
- Fixed Z-fighting on the L5 container at the Large Oil Rig, brick walls at the Train Yard monument, and the tall pipes on the Cargo Ship.
- Crash fix when entering Skin Store.
- Fixed a bug where Credits remain paused after exiting and reentering the menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused the sound effect of hitting a target not to play when the “Blood” option is disabled in Graphical effects options.
- Fixed audio settings not getting updated unless options UI is opened.
- Removed animation delay from attack cooldown calculation, recalculated bound for Reactive Target to allow Items thrown or shot at Reactive Target to be retrieved.