American Truck Simulator 1.45 update Truck Simulator 1.45 update has just been released and is available to play now. This update adds a lot of changes to the game, ranging from the Wyoming DLC updates to multiplayer.
The update was made possible due to feedback from the community. Players who reported any bugs they encountered during the beta of 1.45 helped the developers make changes and tweaks, as well as fix bugs found in the game. After the Truck Simulator 1.45 Open Beta, the update is finally out, and you can download it right now. It adds a lot of new additions to the game. Below are the patch notes from the developer’s website:
- The Wyoming DLC has received big changes, adding the city of Cody and the US-14.
- We are also happy to share with you another long-awaited addition coming to the selection of purchasable trailers – ownable trailers! For now, we will be adding two different types of tank trailers into our games – Fuel Tanks and Silos (Dry Bulk trailer). Both types will have different customization options and uses. And don’t worry, we plan on bringing more versions of this trailer to you in the future!
- We’ve revisited 6 of the brands which we’ve used for in-game truck stops and gas stations which have been present since the game’s release in 2016. Originally our resources for the environment and brand creation were much more limited compared to our current amazing team of dedicated 2D artists and talent at our disposal, which now allows us to add so much more detail to the game world.
- One feature our teams have been working on for Convoy, our in-game multiplayer, is support for missing modifications. We recognize that many players do play with third party modifications created by our talented community, but we also understand that not everyone would like to download all the required modifications to join a friend’s convoy session. Thus, our team have come up with a solution to allow you to join Convoy sessions without the need to have all of the required modifications of the host’s session. There will be options to opt-in, both on the server’s and client’s side to enable this if you choose to use this. In most cases, the session will not display the modification that is missing, however in some cases, such as if a player is using a vehicle that you do not have, it will show as a coloured placeholder box instead that replicates its size. NOTE: If you are a modder in our community, please note that your modification must be tagged as “mp_mod_optional” to be recognised as a MOD that can be ignored by a convoy server that allow for missing optional MODs.
- Whether it’s just a short passing rain shower or a full-on storm, it’s important for drivers to stay safe while driving on the road during variable weather conditions. One of the more common safety features found on vehicles today are Rain Sensors! This nifty piece of technology does exactly what it says on the box, it detects the density of the rain and in turn, adjusts the speed of the wipers for you. This feature is active when you set the wipers of your vehicle to the first position.
- Another new UI option that we are introducing in this update is the ability to show or hide the X markers which mark inaccessible/undriveable roads for the player. This new option may make the game feel more immersive for some drivers, however, we do urge players to take care and follow the correct route, as the invisible barriers which stop you from driving down these areas will still exist and appear for a short time if you hit them!
American Truck Simulator is available to play on Windows, MacOS, and Linux.