Square Enix has revealed the Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden release date, which will mark the third game in the series. The third game in the Voice of Card series, the game follows the launch of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, which was released in October 2021, and Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden in February 2022. Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden has been confirmed to be launching for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
Embark on a new standalone turn-based RPG adventure, told entirely through the medium of cards, in #VoiceOfCards: The Beasts of Burden.
Coming to Switch, PS4 and Steam on September 13.
— Square Enix (@SquareEnix) September 1, 2022
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden is the third entry in the Voice of Cards series, developed by Square Enix. For those who don’t know, this unique RPG series replicates the feel of a card-based tabletop RPG. It was developed by a talented team, including creative director YOKO TARO, music director Keiichi Okabe, and character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka. All of whom have worked on the Drakengard series, the Nier series, or both.
The new game takes place in a world where both humans and monsters live. Players take the role of Al’e, a young girl who lives in an underground village. A safe wall prevents monsters from entering the village, but one day it comes under attack. Just then, a mysterious young boy appears. He grabs the young girl’s hand and brings her to the surface for the first time in her life. With his once stable life in ruins, he sets out into the unknown to seek revenge and unravel the fate of this ruined world.
Along with the standard edition, players will also be able to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition as well. The Digital Deluxe edition contains multiple items, which are styled after Nier Reincarnation. These items include:
- Decoration of Those in the Cage – New costumes for the game’s heroine and her companions*
- Handbook Pattern – Card reverse patterned after an expert handbook*
- Mama Avatar – Avatar designed after Mama
- Story Collectors’ Dice – Dice patterned after Mother and Carrier*
- The Cage Board – Board and accessories patterned after the Cage (this DLC does not include dice)
- Aid Table – Table patterned after the random draw screen*
- Melody of reincarnation – A soundtrack that brings to mind a certain tale of the girl and the monster*
- Pixel Art Set – Replaces all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art*
Voice of Cards: The Beasts Burden releases on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 13th, 2022.